Canadian blogger Allison Loosley took over the Performance Kitchen to serve up her "powerbowl" to all the athletes in the kitchen, get her episode here & the recipe below...
2 x Lean Meat London Chicken Breast
1 x Butternut Squash
1 x Avocado
A handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 a red onion
250g of Feta Cheese
A handful of spinach
250g of Quinoa
A drizzle of balsamic
A handful of chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Chop the Butternut Squash into small chunks. Pop these into an oven proof dish. Place this in the oven for about 20 minutes.
3. Chop up the onion, walnuts & avocado.
4. Chop the chicken into small pieces.
5. Remove the squash from the oven, place the chicken pieces in among the squash pieces. Place back in the oven until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Chop the remaining vegetables and the cheese.
7. In a saucepan, pour some boiling water over the quinoa & cook through.
8. In a salad bowl, layer the spinach, followed by the chicken & butternut squash, avocado, tomatoes, onions & feta.
9. Onto a plate or bowl, serve up a portion of quinoa & add your power-bowl salad & a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.