At The Performance Kitchen, we know that it can be difficult to make a lot of recipes on sites like this as you have to buy lots of little, obscure ingredients (so you've then got an entire cupboard of spices you might not use again).
We collaborated with performance chefs Discreet & Delicious to make recipes different to what the athletes have made, but equally healthy & using all the same ingredients!
- Broccoli / 250g
- Salt /pinch
- Onion / 1
- Sesame oil / 3 tablespoons
- Pak Choi / 250g
- Low salt Soya Sauce / 3 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce / 3 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds
- (Optional) Chicken/Prawns/Beef
- Boil the kettle.
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Cook for 4 mins in boiling salted water.
- Strain the broccoli and cool in fresh cold water.
- Wash the Pak Choi to remove any grit. Cut the heads of Pak Choi into 1.5 cm slices.
- Drain the broccoli and cut each floret in half.
- Peel and slice the onion. On a medium high heat fry the onion in a large frying pan (or a wok) in two tablespoons sesame oil. Fry for two mins.
- Add the white, stork parts, of the Pak Choi to the onion and stir.
- Add the broccoli and remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Continue to stir for two mins.
- Add the green leaf parts of the Pak Choi.
- Add the soy sauce and the oyster sauce and stir for a further minute.