This recipe originally appeared on Georgia's website here
As an athlete, not only is it important to train hard, but it is equally vital to fuel your body correctly through good nutrition. Whether it’s cooking or eating, I love food…like, I REALLY love food!
Try this healthy twist on your usual pizza...
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 130g almond meal
- 1/2 cup arrowroot/tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A good pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Pine nuts, roast pumpkin, rocket, cheese
- Roast chicken, pesto, feta
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, arrowroot flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil and coconut milk. Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring constantly until a thick dough is formed. You may not need to use up all the liquid, I only used about half. If the dough is too wet, just add a bit more flour.
- Line 2 pizza trays with baking paper and divide the mixture equally between them. With wet hands, press the dough mixture out to form a thin pizza base. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Add your desired toppings to the bases and return to the oven for about 5 minutes. (Note: all my toppings were already pre-cooked, so I was just waiting for the cheese to melt).
About the author: Georgia Nanscawen is a professional hockey player for Australia, and has been since she made her debut aged 17 in 2009. From then, she has picked up over 160 caps, and has represented her country at the Commonwealth Games, World Cup, and the Olympic Games. When she isn't playing hockey, Georgia blogs and make amazing healthy recipes, all of which are available on her website: https://littlepippincreations.com Follow Georgia on Instagram and Twitter for more healthy recipes, and hockey updates.