This recipe originally appeared on Georgia's website here.
As an athlete, not only is it important to train hard, but it is equally vital to fuel your body correctly through good nutrition. Whether it’s cooking or eating, I love food…like, I REALLY love food!
Now that summer is on the way for everyone in the UK; try these healthy, iced, treats which will set you up perfectly for the day.
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- A splash of milk, as needed
- 1/2 cup stewed fruit (I used stewed plums as I had a bucket to use up, but berries would work well also)
- 1/2 cup granola (I used my homemade granola, which you can find here)
- Combine the yogurt and honey in a bowl. Depending on the brand of yogurt you are using, you may need to add a splash of milk to loosen up the mixture. You want it to be fairly thick but still pourable).
- In a separate bowl, add the granola and a couple of spoonfuls of the yogurt mixture and stir to combine (this will help it freeze better).
- Grab some icy pole moulds, and to each one spoon in a small amount of yogurt. Next add a small dollop of stewed fruit, followed by a sprinkle of granola mixture. Continue with multiple layers of yogurt, fruit and granola until the moulds are filled. Place in the stick and freeze for around 6 hours until solid.
About the author: Georgia Nanscawen is a professional hockey player for Australia, and since she made her debut aged 17 in 2009, she has picked up over 160 caps, and has represented her country at the Commonwealth Games, World Cup, and the Olympic Games. When she isn't playing hockey, Georgia blogs and make amazing healthy recipes, all of which are available on her website: https://littlepippincreations.com Follow Georgia on Instagram and Twitter for more healthy recipes, and hockey updates.