Brocoli & Avocado Salad, with Steaks
Team GB Olympic silver medallist Sam Murray came down to the studio to serve up a recipe which she relies on once or twice a week after training; watch Sam make the meal herself & talk about why she has it here:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 x Avocados
- 1 1/2 x Broccoli
- Handful of Coriander
- 3 x Limes
- 2 x Tbsp Tahini
- 3 x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 x Tsp Tamari
- 2 x Tsp Honey
- 2 x Fillet Steaks
- Sweet Potatoes (for mash, optional)
- Slice the sweet potato into small chunks, and add to boiling water to soften them.
- Slice the broccoli into small pieces, and cut the avocado into small chunks.
- In a small bowl, add the Limes, Tahini, Olive Oil, Tamiari, & Honey and stir until throughly mixed.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the broccoli & cook until soft.
- Remove the broccoli and drain; in a mixing bowl add the broccoli, avocado & coat both in the dressing you have just made.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the water, drain & mash.
- Cover the steaks in a little salt, pepper & olive oil. Cook for 4 minutes on either side. Slice, and serve.