Last Christmas, West Ham Ladies footballer Amber Keegan Stobbs joined us in the studio to make her healthy Christmas meal. Amber served up her recipes for a Beef Fillet and homemade Pigs-in-Blankets...
Watch Amber make these meals herself, and talk about festive nutrition exclusively on our youtube channel here.
- 1 x Beef Fillet
- 2 x Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 x Chipolata Sausages
- 12 x Rashers of Bacon
- 1 x Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 x Tbsp Honey
- Pinch of fresh, chopped, Thyme
Pigs in Blankets
- Mix the thyme, honey, and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl.
- When mixed, coat the sausages in the sauce.
- Roll each sausage in a streaky piece of bacon.
- Place on tin foil, onto a baking tray.
- Pour over any remaining sauce.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
Beef Fillet (Grandma's recipe)
- Massage salt, pepper and oil onto all sides of the fillet.
- Flash-fry the beef in a pan, for a couple of minutes on each side. Use olive or coconut oil.
- Place in the over on 280, and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until perfectly rare.