Beef Fillet and Pigs in Blankets
Last Christmas, West Ham Ladies footballer Amber Keegan Stobbs joined us in the studio to make her healthy Christmas meal. Amber served up her recipes for a Beef Fillet and homemade Pigs-in-Blankets...
Watch Amber make these meals herself, and talk about festive nutrition exclusively on our youtube channel here.
- 1 x Beef Fillet
- 2 x Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 x Chipolata Sausages
- 12 x Rashers of Bacon
- 1 x Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 x Tbsp Honey
- Pinch of fresh, chopped, Thyme
Pigs in Blankets
- Mix the thyme, honey, and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl.
- When mixed, coat the sausages in the sauce.
- Roll each sausage in a streaky piece of bacon.
- Place on tin foil, onto a baking tray.
- Pour over any remaining sauce.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
Beef Fillet (Grandma's recipe)
- Massage salt, pepper and oil onto all sides of the fillet.
- Flash-fry the beef in a pan, for a couple of minutes on each side. Use olive or coconut oil.
- Place in the over on 280, and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until perfectly rare.