The Performance Kitchen was invited up to Liverpool to join Olympic Gold Medalist Sam Quek in her kitchen, so we could uncover what she used to fuel herself as an elite athlete.
"When I was in full time training and we had a morning session, which was more often than not, this would be my big breakfast. Depending on the day, I would sometimes use a single egg-yolk, and two egg whites..."
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 4 x Large Eggs
- 6 x slices of Smoked Salmon
- Handful of fresh Chives
- 4 x slices of Brown Bread
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk, adding a pinch of salt & pepper
- Pop your bread in the toaster
- Add some oil to a hot pan
- Pour the eggs in and stir until cook
- Place them onto your toast
- Garnish with smoked salmon and some chopped chives
Sam Quek MBE secured her spot as one of the country's most famous hockey players when she picked up a gold medal at Rio 2016. Since then, Sam has become a regular fixture on television as a presenter for a number of sports shows. Follow Sam on Instagram & Twitter