A lot of athletes have come down to the kitchen and used chorizo in their meals, so we spoke to professional performance chefs about what other healthy meals you could use this ingredients in, so it doesn't go to waste....
- Chorizo 125g
- Red apple 180g (35g will be unused because it's the core)
- Baking potato 2 small (500g)
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Sea Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Chives 1/4 of a 20g packet (optional)
- Wash potatoes and apple, remove any blemishes.
- Grate unpeeled potato into a medium bowl. Squeeze out as much of the resulting liquid as you can.
- Grate unpeeled apple into the bowl. Grate down to just before the core. Discard the core.
- Peel the chorizo. Grate the chorizo into the bowl. Any stubborn bits of the chorizo that won't grate, break up with your fingers.
- Add spices and salt.
- Using scissors cut the chives (if using) into the mixture and mix in.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- On a chopping board place an 8 cm biscuit cutter.
- Take a handful of mixture, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Fill the biscuit cutter with mix and pat down into a solid 'rosti'.
- Slide the rosti (still in the biscuit cutter) off the board into the frying pan.
- Lift off the biscuit cutter.
- Fry three at a time.
- Once the base is golden brown flip over the rosti and flatten out slightly as you start to fry the second side. Approx 5 mins cooking time each side.
- When frying the second batch add the remaining one tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Serve with a side salad as a snack or with grilled chicken as a 'potato' dish.