Stuffed Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
Elite international British rower Lance Tredell came down to the studio and served up of his pre-competition meals. This dish is something he would have the night before a race, so he has the fuel to compete the following morning or afternoon...
Ingredients (Serves 2 or 1 Rower)
- 2 x Chicken Breasts
- 2 x Sweet Potatoes
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Baby Corn
- Creme Cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 x White Onion
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Dash of milk
- Boil some water in a large pan. Peel & cut up the sweet potato into chunks and pop it into the water to soften up.
- Butterfly the chicken breast, this will then be stuffed with your spinach and cheese. Season with a light sprinkling of salt & pepper.
- Boil some water for your other vegeatbles.
- For the stuffing, grate an onion into a bowl, mix in with the garlic, cheese, soft cheese and spinach.
- Once the chicken has been stuffed, pan fry on both sides in olive oil and butter ensuring the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Cook off your vegeatbles, which will take about 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, mash with milk, butter and a pinch of salt & pepper.