Suzi Walker was working as a nutritionist when her clients asked her to suggest some healthy snack bars... Seeing nothing suitable available, she headed into the kitchen to make her own....
Dave stepped in front of the camera to welcome elite athlete, triathlete, Iron Man athlete & artist Vanessa Raw into the studio. Vanessa served up her post-competition recipe of home made burgers & talked endurance nutrition. Watch the full episode here.
500g x Lean Meat London Mince
1 x Red Onion
1 x Red Chilli
Thumb-size piece of fresh Ginger
1 x Egg
Bunch of Coriander
150g Mixed Salad Leaves
1 x Red Pepper
Handful of Roasted Pine Nuts
This is Good Macadamia Nut Oil
1 x Jar of Green Pesto
1. Finely chop-up the garlic, ginger, chilli & onions
2. In a mixing bowl, add what you have just chopped, with the mince & crack an egg over it. Mix together with your hands. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
3. Create small patties with your hands, and place in a hot frying pan.
4. While these cook on the hob, chop the remaining salad items & mix with the salad leaves to create a bed for your burgers.
5. Drizzle some oil & pesto over the salad.
6. Ensure the burgers are cooked through, then remove from the heat, place over the salad & serve.
West Ham Ladies Striker Amber Keegan-Stobbs stopped by the kitchen to serve up the sort of meal she'd have on a day off from training. The full episode is here!
- 500g x Lean Meat London Minced Beef
- 1 x Avacado
- Red onions
- 1 x egg
- Crushed garlic
- Whole wheat Sandwich thins
- Sweet potato
1. Start boiling some water; chop the sweet potato into chip-sized strips.
2. Add the potatoes to the water & cook until soft.
3. Chop the garlic, mushrooms & onions. In a mixing bowl, add the vegetables, mince & 1 egg and mix together (add pepper & salt).
4. Create burger-sized patties from the meat.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes from the water, place on a baking tray & cover in oil, salt and pepper & place in the over on 180 degrees for approx 20 minutes (or until as caramelised & crispy as you like).
6. Place your burger patties under the grill, being careful to cook them all through carefully.
7. Whilst your food is in the oven/under the grill, prepare the salad; chop the vegetables, avocado and whatever else you want to add.
8. Serve your burgers on some bread-thins, with your sweet potato fries & salad.