A lot of athletes have come down to the kitchen and used chorizo in their meals, so we spoke to professional performance chefs about what other healthy meals you could use this ingredients in, so it doesn't go to waste....
Elite British athlete Chris Gregory joined us in the kitchen to talk nutrition & sport, and make his go-to post training recipe - a Chicken & Chroizo bake - full episode available here.
500g Charlotte New Potatoes
2 x Sweet Potatoes
8 x Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs
1 x Chorizo Sausage
200g x Cherry Tomatoes
400g Feta Cheese
Pinch of Thyme
Bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley
Pinch of Smoked Paprika
Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
Drizzle of Rape Seed Oil
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
1. Slice the all the potatoes & place the potatoes on the bottom of your baking dish. Drizzle in some oil & place in the over at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are in the oven, hope the chicken thighs into small pieces. In a bowl, season with smoked paprika, cinnamon, salt & pepper. Massage the spices into the chicken by hand.
3. Remove the potatoes from the over & place to one side.
4. Chop the chorizo into small pieces. Place the chicken and chorizo on to the potatoes.
5. Place the tomatoes on top also.
6. Dice the cheese and place on top of the dish, place in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. While that roasts in the oven, chop your mushrooms into slices.
8. Fry the mushrooms off until brown with your spinach, which takes about 5 mins.