This recipe is one I was taught by Izzy’s family, the Daggs. I have added bits and pieces to it, as can you. It is a great salad when feeding a large group of people...
London Broncos & Welsh International Elliot Kear talked us through the sort of meal he has after training with is suitable for his whole family. Watch Elliot make his recipe here.
- 500g Pasta
- Half a Chorizo sausage
- 2 x Lean Meat London Chicken breasts
- Pinch of oregano
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 200g Brown Sugar
- Tomato Puree
- 250g Cheese
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Chop up the chicken into thin strips/cubes. Chop up the chorizo into chunks.
- Pop everything into a pan, with a little bit of oil, to cook off. Season with a little pepper.
- Chop the tomatoes, peppers, onions into small pieces.
- Add the onion to the pan.
- Blend all the chopped vegetables & spices.
- Boil some water & add the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add that into the frying pan.
- Stir well, pour into a baking tray, cover with as much cheese as you like & pop it into the oven until the cheese has begun to crisp.
Tessa (London Paleo Girl) was joined in the studio by British swimming star, former World Champion & double Olympian, Katy Sexton MBE. Katy walked us through her favourite post-training meal - full video available here.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
1 x Tin of Cream of Chicken Soup
Grated Cheese (as much as you like)
A cup of Frozen Peas
1 x Tin of Sweet Corn
500g of Pasta
4 x Rashers of Bacon
2 x Chicken Breasts
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
1. Boil the water, place the pasta in.
2. Chop up the chicken into small chunks.
3. Cook off the chicken; once almost cooked, add the bacon to the same pan (to save on the washing-up!).
4. Once the bacon is cooked too; take the pan off the heat, and chop the bacon into smaller pieces.
5. Drain the pasta, into the saucepan add the chicken, bacon, soup, sweetcorn & peas - stir through.
6. Pour the mix into an oven-proof dish & cover in cheese.
7. Place under the grill until the cheese has melted & begin to crisp; then serve.
Team GB athlete & former Olympian Darius Knight made his go-to after competition pasta meal - check out the entire episode here.
Half a bag of Penne pasta,
A bunch of Fresh parsley,
A handful of Mushrooms,
2 x Lean Meat London Chicken breast,
2 x Chicken oxo cube,
1. Slice the chicken into small chunk.
2. Chop up the mushrooms into small chunks.
3. Add the chicken to a hot pan, with a splash of oil. Once cooked-off, add the cream, and once slightly reduced, add the mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and the Oxo Cubes.
4. Boil some water and start cooking off the pasta.
5. Tear off some fresh parsley and add to the chicken.
6. Once reduced, remove the chicken & mushrooms from the heat.
7. Drain the pasta - tip the pasta into the pan which is cooking the chicken.
8. Serve on a plate, add parmesan to taste.