There is nothing quite like a good steak sammy to treat the taste buds. It is often a meal on a lunch menu at a café or restaurant, but they are so simple to make at home...
Surrey Storm netballer, Mikki Austin, served up one of her post-training treat in the final shoot of 2016. Get the full video here.
1 x Lean Meat London Fillet Steak
2 x Mixed Peppers
1 x Cup of rice per person
Handful of of Mangetout
Handful of carrots
Pinch of Steak Seasoning
Splash of Soy Sauce
Splash or Worcestershire Sauce
- Lightly season the steal/beef with some pepper. Begin boiling some water in a saucepan.
- Slice the steak/beef into thin strips.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Add the rice to the boiling water.
- In a wok, throw the beef/steak in with some steak seasoning.
- Once browned, throw in the rest of the veg.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce & Soy Sauce, cook for two more minutes.
- Serve together with the rice.
Ed Drake, British Ski champion served up his post-competition dinner, the recipe is below:
- 2 x Lean Meat London Steaks
- 2 x Sweet Potatoes
- 1 x Pack of Green Beans
- 2 x Cloves of Garlic
- A pinch of Chilli Flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash the Sweet Potatoes, slice into thin chips & place in some boiling water (just to part-boil them) for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the sauce pan, chop the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Place the green beans (uncut/untrimmed) into some boiling water until soft.
- In a oven proof dish, melt some coconut oil. Once melted, drain the sweet potatoes, add the sweet potatoes, garlic & chill flakes into the dish & shake to the potato is well covered in oils & spices. Place in the oven until the potato has gone crispy.
- Massage the steak with oil & salt and pepper.
- Fry in a griddle pan to personal preference.
- Take the steak off the heat for two minutes, remove the fries from the oven.
- Serve together.
Team GB winter athlete Jordan Smallin made an delicious Denver Steak & Sweet Potato fries.. the perfect post-gym dinner. Watch the entire episode on our channel here.
2 Lean Meat London Denver steaks
150g Button Mushrooms
150ml fresh cream
Freshly ground black pepper
Ground sea salt
2 cloves of garlic
4 Sweet Potatoes
This is Good Macadamia Nut Oil
Light soy sauce
Tender stem broccoli
1. Slice the Sweet Potato into strips
2. In a mixing bowl, add the sweet potatoe strips, two tablespoons of Macadamia nut oil, plus two table spoons of light soy sauce, & mix thoroughly with your hands. Coating the sweet potato in the oils.
3. Put the Sweet potato in the oven at 200 Degrees C (leave for 25-30 mins until slightly caramelised).
4. Slice the button mushrooms into smaller pieces.
5. Heat a little oil in a saucepan, once hot, add the mushrooms and brown-them-off.
6. Once brown, add the cream for 4-5 minutes, ensuring is does not boil or burn.
7. Add salt & pepper and crushed garlic to taste.
8. Strip the leaves from the tender stem broccoli
9. Add to sauce pan of boiling water for 4-7 minutes.
10. In a griddle pan, add a little oil. Once hot, add the steaks & cook to personal preference (Jordan had his rare (3-4 mins). Season with garlic salt & pepper.
11. Plate everything up together, add extra seasoning if required.