British Champion. European Champion. World Champion. Paralympic Champion. Claire Cashmore MBE has been at the top of elite sports since making a name for herself on the International stage in Athens in 2004, at the age of 16...
Team GB winter athlete Jordan Smallin made an delicious Denver Steak & Sweet Potato fries.. the perfect post-gym dinner. Watch the entire episode on our channel here.
2 Lean Meat London Denver steaks
150g Button Mushrooms
150ml fresh cream
Freshly ground black pepper
Ground sea salt
2 cloves of garlic
4 Sweet Potatoes
This is Good Macadamia Nut Oil
Light soy sauce
Tender stem broccoli
1. Slice the Sweet Potato into strips
2. In a mixing bowl, add the sweet potatoe strips, two tablespoons of Macadamia nut oil, plus two table spoons of light soy sauce, & mix thoroughly with your hands. Coating the sweet potato in the oils.
3. Put the Sweet potato in the oven at 200 Degrees C (leave for 25-30 mins until slightly caramelised).
4. Slice the button mushrooms into smaller pieces.
5. Heat a little oil in a saucepan, once hot, add the mushrooms and brown-them-off.
6. Once brown, add the cream for 4-5 minutes, ensuring is does not boil or burn.
7. Add salt & pepper and crushed garlic to taste.
8. Strip the leaves from the tender stem broccoli
9. Add to sauce pan of boiling water for 4-7 minutes.
10. In a griddle pan, add a little oil. Once hot, add the steaks & cook to personal preference (Jordan had his rare (3-4 mins). Season with garlic salt & pepper.
11. Plate everything up together, add extra seasoning if required.