Thai Green Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Will Collier, Harlequins (and now England) Tighthead Prop, made an incredible pre-season, no-carb Thai Green Curry with Cauliflower rice. Watch the full episode here.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- Fresh chilli
- Ground cumin
- Fresh coriander
- Fish sauce(not essential)
- 2 tins Coconut milk
- Chicken stock cube
- 2 large Cauliflowers
- 2 Lean Meat London chicken breasts.
- This is Good Macadamia Nut Oil
1. [For the paste] Chop the garlic, a shallot & some ginger+ remove the tough outer-layer of, and then chop up, the Lemon Grass, and blend in a food processor (or chop very finely).
2. [For the paste] Add in some chopped chilli & corriander and a pinch of cumin, and a splash of fish sauce and blend again.
3. Set the paste to one side.
4. Chop up some chicken into small chunks.
5. Chop up a small handful of mushrooms.
6. Into a heated pan, brown off the chicken in 2-3 minutes. Once browned, remove from the pan.
7. Add a little lime juice into the paste.
8. Add the curry paste into a pan, with a little oil, and heat for 2 minutes,
9. Pour 1 can of Coconut milk over the paste, over a lower heat.
10. Throw in the mushrooms, sugar snap peas and allow the paste/coconut milk to reduce.
11. Add the chicken back to the paste and allow to simmer.
12. [For the Rice] Remove the leaves from the Cauliflower, chop it into chunks, then blend until the same size/consistency as rice.
13. Heat the rice in a small pan, with a little oil, for 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
14. Serve & garnish with a little chilli, coriander and lime.