Thai Venison Noodle Salad
Bath RFC prop Max Lahiff came down to the studio and served up a healthy Thai dish which is ideal after training.
Read our exclusive interview with Max here.
"So you could make this with Beef, but I’ve substituted this with Venison as it’s my preference.
I would have a meal like this, towards the back end of the week, but a couple of days before a game. It’s a good recovery meal, a lot of carbs and all sorts of other goodness in it, protein fats, and it tastes real delicious. This is my go-to on a Thursday, or even a Friday night.
At the beginning of the week, I’m trying to avoid having so many carbs, trying to be a bit cleaner, but then load-up for the game towards the end of the week".
- 2 x Venison Steaks
- Handful of mint
- Handful of Coriander
- Thai Basil
- 1 x Cucumber
- 2 x Lemongrass
- 3 x Cloves of garlic
- 2 x chillies
- Rice noodles
- Palm sugar
- Splash of rice wine
- 3 x limes
- Splash of fish sauce
- Lots of shallots
- Cherry tomatoes
- Thinly slice & dice all the vegetables
- In a mixing bowl, create the sauce with: and give it a good stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vegetables & sauce together.
- Season the steaks.
- Heat some oil in a pan, place the steaks on the heat until cooked.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into strips, add to the bowl with the vegetables & sauce and mix all together.
- Add some noodles to some boiling water for 3 minutes, drain & serve all together.